Currently, The Ironstone Building Company has an opportunity for a Construction Safety Coordinator to join our team in London, ON.
At The Ironstone Building Company we are devoted to our core principles. We keep the home-buying process simple, fast, and stress-free by giving our clients what they want up front, while reducing or eliminating the need for time-consuming and costly upgrades. With over 40 years of building experience under their tool belts, Ironstone’s leadership team has built hundreds of homes in London.
As Construction Safety Coordinator, your responsibility is to help create safer construction sites and establish a culture of health and safety stewardship among staff and trades.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and guide workers and trades to develop a safe work culture
- Develop a safety program and engrain safety culture in the company
- Support the development of site-specific OHS policies and programs
- Conduct work area inspections to ensure equipment, materials, and processes do not present a safety, health or environmental hazard
- Conduct site-specific Health & Safety Orientations
- Assist site management and employees with safety programs, participations and compliance
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures; update according to legislation
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Investigate and document injuries to determine root causes and implement controls
- Assist in the incident investigation process when necessary; be involved in the preparation of reports and summaries
- Attend applicable safety meetings including toolbox talks where required
- Assist with the development and review of job hazard assessments, Safe Work Practices, and Safe Job Procedures
- 5+ years of Health and Safety work experience in the construction industry; experience with a home builder preferred
- Completion of a related degree or diploma
- Training provider accreditation in construction-related areas, such as Working at Heights, is a definite asset
- A solid understanding of Ontario heath & safety regulations
- Current First Aid certificate
- Proficiency with computers, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other common applications
- Additional training including Fall Protection, Rescue/Confined spaces, Bobcat/mobile equipment operation an asset
- Team-oriented leader capable of working effectively with a wide variety of individual
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; the ability connect and relate with others coupled with skills in synthesizing data into cohesive and understandable reporting
- A self-starter able to prioritize effectively
Job Type: Full-time
This position is for immediate fulfillment.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and desired salary to email@example.com and write ‘Construction Safety Coordinator’ in the subject line.